About the Company:
kubik maltbie is a museum exhibit fabrication and fit-out contractor working on major museum exhibit installations domestically and internationally. The company specializes in highly customized cabinetry, millwork, showcases, interactive exhibits, graphic, metal and acrylic production. The company operates a full-service production facility employing multiple trades and professions as well as a team of project managers.
In addition, we are the landlord of the building we occupy which is set up as a standalone company but has many of the same task requirements and reporting on a monthly basis.
Project Coordinator will work closely with the Project Managers to ensure the successful execution of museum projects by providing pre-production and production support for and coordination on all projects.
This role at times may also take the lead in smaller projects ranging between $250,000 and $750,000 in effort to streamline overall Project Management operations for all projects.
This role entails working in an ambiguous environment under fast paced circumstances. This demands ability to work quickly, exercise good judgment, create good solutions for problems and take action through direct communication with necessary parties to meet deadlines while balancing conflicting stakeholder needs.
- Provide technical production assistance to Detailers to ensure drawings clearly communicate to the builder the construction intent.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to administer shop labor with anticipated work flow balanced between multiple project objectives and timelines.
- Works collectively to support production in the areas of Graphics, Interactives and Project management
Project Management Support:
- Work with Project Managers to monitor production process as needed including subcontractor deliveries, hours for production, shipment planning and other as determined based on project scope.
- Act as pre-production support for Exhibits and Kubik generated components, as required.
- Monitor calendar of key dates for project production (received from Project Manager).
- Monitor status and outcomes of shop hours versus budget. In the case of running an individual project, work with the Director of Operations on variances in timelines in order to remain on or under budget.
- Coordinate all Transportation Quote Requests with Logistics Manager in warehouse with the provision of all details of deliveries and locations.
Accredited certificate or degree from an accredited tech school or college with an emphasis on construction management, project management, and fabrication or equivalent work experience.
Minimum of 2 years experience in project coordination for an exhibit fabrication business or similar.
- Able to read and understand construction/fabrication blueprints
- Solid knowledge on carpentry skills and fabrication processes pertaining to exhibition and museum development and build
- Able to establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with those connected in the team and in the course of work at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft systems including MS Project, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Tolerance of Ambiguity
Planning and organizing skills
Attention to Detail