The drafting department at kubik maltbie is seeking an experienced CAD Detailer to join their multi-disciplinary team to support the design development and fabrication of experience-based exhibits for museums, visitor centers, and specialty projects around the world. These exhibits include basic cabinetry components to more complex structures including glass, steel, and other materials. The successful individual will be a proactive communicator and problem solver who is detail oriented and able to proficiently produce constructible AutoCAD drawings on complex projects.
Key Results Areas:
- Exhibit Constructability
- Detailing Coordination
- Information Gathering & Tracking
- Attention to Detail
- Quality & Accuracy
- Must work independently to originate highly detailed construction drawings based on limited information and provide workable solutions to highly imaginative design challenges with minimum supervision.
- Detail all plans per project specifications and budget to ensure design is clearly communicated.
- Ability to value engineer, perform self-directed product research and propose different methods of construction while meeting design intent and budget/time restrictions.
- Knowledgeable in various construction methods and materials used to fabricate exhibits, trade shows, architectural millwork, high-end cabinetry, and/or interior build-outs; hands-on shop fabrication experience a plus.
- Communicates effectively with team members and outside professionals while proactively communicating with the Project Manager to obtain needed information.
- Track progress, prioritize workload, and communicate issues to ensure on-time job completion.
- Pull parts from drawings and create cut sheets for CNC production; CNC programming and/or operation experience a plus.
- Able to work in a fast paced, ever changing team oriented environment.
- High level of tolerance to ambiguity in working processes.
Trade School or an Associate’s Degree in related field, BS in Engineering or Technology preferred; or has completed 4 year carpentry apprenticeship, with at least 4 years project CAD experience.
Minimum 4 years professional CAD experience producing 2D and 3D shop drawings generated from design and engineering documents, including Architectural, Structural, and MEP utilizing the latest version of Autodesk AutoCAD. Hands-on shop fabrication and CNC programming and/or operation experience a plus.
Critical Performance Skills:
- Autodesk AutoCAD 2016 or newer
- Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated Drafting Knowledge/Skills
- Comprehensive Fabrication Knowledge
- Tolerance of Ambiguity
- Policy and Procedure