About the Company:
Established in 1961, Kubik Maltbie is a preeminent leader in the production of the world’s most prestigious museums, visitor centers, and specialty environments. We have now expanded our company’s portfolio to include audiovisual design, engineering, and integration services.
We are seeking an enthusiastic CNC Programmer to join our multi-disciplinary team in Mount Laurel, NJ. The primary function of the CAD Detailer is to create shop drawings to support the design development and fabrication of experience-based exhibits for museums, visitor centers, and specialty projects around the world. These exhibits include basic cabinetry components to more complex structures including glass, steel, and other materials. The successful individual will be a proactive communicator and problem solver who is detail oriented and able to efficiently produce constructible AutoCAD drawings on complex projects.
- High Quality Shop Drawings
- Exhibit Constructability
- Detailing Coordination
- Information Gathering & Tracking
- Attention to Detail
- Quality, Accuracy, & Speed
- Work independently to originate highly detailed construction drawings based on limited information
- Production of shop drawings within time estimate
- Detail all plans per project specifications and budget to ensure design is clearly communicated
- Provide workable solutions to highly imaginative design challenges with minimum supervision
- Value engineer construction methods and materials while meeting design intent and budget restrictions
- Proactively communicate with Project Manager, team, and outside professionals to obtain needed information and keep projects moving forward
- Track progress, prioritize workload, and communicate issues to ensure on-time job completion
- Pull parts from drawings and create cut sheets for CNC production; CNC programming and/or operation experience a plus
- Prepare and coordinate drawing packages with sub-contractors
- Review drawings for consistency and constructability
- Manage and track shop drawing submittal and approval process
- File and information management
- Proficient in Autodesk AutoCAD 2019 or newer
- Knowledgeable in various materials and construction methods used to fabricate exhibits, trade shows, architectural millwork, high-end cabinetry, interior build-outs, etc.; hands-on shop fabrication experience a plus
- Ability to interpret and cross reference information from various sources including Design Sets, Specifications, and Architectural, Structural, and MEP Engineering documents
- Ability to pull CNC parts from drawings
- Familiar with basic computer software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time paying close attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast paced, ever changing team-oriented environment.
- Trade School or an Associate’s Degree in related field
- BS in Engineering or Technology preferred; or has completed 4 year carpentry apprenticeship, with at least 4 years project CAD experience.
- Minimum 4 years professional CAD experience producing 2D and 3D shop drawings generated from design and engineering documents, including Architectural, Structural, and MEP utilizing the latest version of Autodesk AutoCAD
- Hands-on shop fabrication and CNC programming and/or operation experience a plus.
Critical Performance Skills:
- Autodesk AutoCAD 2019 or newer
- Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated Drafting Knowledge/Skills
- Comprehensive Fabrication Knowledge
- Tolerance of Ambiguity
- Attention to Detail
- Self-Motivated & Persistent
- Policy and Procedure