Ensure an optimal fabrication quality level that contributes to realizing the project objectives, and secures kubik maltbie’s position as a leading museum fabrication firm in the US.
Key Results Areas:
Remain current and up to date on building, construction, carpentry trends and advancements as it relates to exhibit or experiential environments.
- Ability to take design ideas and develop them from concept to reality through problem solving and value engineering processes to help meet project goals.
- Responsible for supporting fabrication business needs with simple, cost-efficient solutions and effective use of time and materials to reach desired goals and results.
- Support and maintain high quality standard within the framework of the carpentry function.
- Provide support to Shop Foreman regarding carpentry/construction standards and practices and ensure they are understood and consistently upheld in the shop.
- Ability to organize and orchestrate construction in a safe way on shop floor.
- Maintain carpentry supplies and inventory by monitoring stock levels.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Work in partnership with Shop Foreman, Project Coordinator and a multi-disciplinary group of leads to:
- successfully build museum interactives and exhibition components on time and on budget while meeting clients expectations and designers intent
- advise partners on best building/construction methods to aid in the development of appropriate and economically viable solutions.
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as assigned.
Minimum of 3 years experience in finish carpentry work in construction/building/exhibit fabrication environment or an equivalent field/function including but not limited to a formal apprentice program
- Proficiency in using a wide variety of tools and equipment
- Thorough knowledge of carpentry methods and materials
- Ability to understand visual/illustrative methods design
- Ability to work independently and in groups
- Ability to lead others as required
- Basic computer skills
- High physical activity: lifting, bending, stretching, climbing and the like
- Fast-paced deadline driven environment performing building and construction related duties
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Domestic travel may be required for installation purposes
- Creativity and a passion for developing and building museum exhibits
- Deep knowledge of carpentry – rough, finish and trim and understanding of various building materials and finishes suitable for a retail environment
- Ability to review and understand construction documents and drawings and build to requirements
- Ability to work to project deadlines
- A clear understanding of building methods and how to apply them to various situations
A clear commitment to quality
- Attention to finish detail with a keen eye for aesthetics
- Proven yourself to be a dynamic and action-oriented team player that is self-motivated
Critical Performance Skills:
Attention to Detail