About the Company:
kubik maltbie is a museum exhibit fabrication and fit-out contractor working on major museum exhibit installations domestically and internationally. The company specializes in highly customized cabinetry, millwork, showcases, interactive exhibits, graphic, metal and acrylic production. The company operates a full-service production facility employing multiple trades and professions as well as a team of project managers.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within the construction industry and or direct museum exhibit experience. Candidate should excel at fostering and developing both internal and external relationships.
The Office Manager will work closely with the Controller and the accounting team along with all other departments within the company with tasks including but not limited to:
- Primary receptionist, Including, but not limited to, answering phones, mail distribution, distribution of the daily post report and kitchen duty
- Assist with various administrative, secretarial tasks as needed by all departments.
- Maintain the Company’s hard copy client contract files
- Distribution of the daily Receiving Report
- Notary for company documents
- Assist Warehouse Manager with preparation of shipping documents and commercial invoices for domestic and international shipments as needed
- Administrative coordination and preparation of the Owner’s Manual at the completion of each museum project
- Update and distribute the monthly Production Listing
- Assist Marketing Coordinator, on fill-in or as needed basis, with bid proposal – administrative coordination, preparation of “final signature ready” presentation.
- Serve as point of contact with phone system third-party support vendor and coordinate internal changes and updates
- Serve as primary point of contact for all facility maintenance issues and coordinate preventative maintenance as presented by Executive VP
- Copier log reporting and scheduling of emergency and preventative type maintenance
- Monitor daily FedEx and DHL activity, apply appropriate job coding, and reconcile with monthly statements. Maintain sufficient level of supplies from FedEx and DHL
- Monitor poster meter, maintain an adequate dollar level and sufficient supplies
- Assist Controller with OSHA reporting and monitoring of OSHA compliance activity.Coordinate reporting activity with Controller for preparation, approval and implementation of required reports.
- Assist Controller with workers’ compensation claims and reporting
- Maintain log of requests for personal use of company vehicles
- Reconciliation and coding of monthly American Express billing with employee expense reports.
- Provide support to Accounting manager as needed with daily, weekly and month-end AP activities
- Visual inspection of each fire extinguisher on a monthly basis.
- Test all emergency lighting on a monthly basis.
- Other miscellaneous duties as presented by Controller
Minimum experience of 5 – 7 years in a small to medium-sized corporate environment, operating on a Windows based platform.
- General bookkeeping experience, preferred
- New Jersey Public Notary, preferred
Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
Strong organizational skills with attention to details
Ability to manage one’s own time and efficiently
• Able to clearly present information through verbal and written communication
• Remains open-minded and able to change opinions based on new information
• Performs well with a wide variety of tasks and able to change focus quickly as demands change
Salaried position with normal business hours M – F 8:30 am to 5 pm – 45 minute lunch period.