About the Company:
Kubik Maltbie is a world class exhibit fabricator specializing in experience-based, interactive exhibits for museums, visitor centers, and specialty projects around the world. We are seeking an enthusiastic Graphic Production Coordinator and Finisher to join our multi-disciplinary team in Mount Laurel, NJ.
The primary function of the Graphics department is to apply a variety of graphics to many different materials, They must also have a high level of professionalism, a strong organizational background, excellent communication / interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail. This role reports to the Director of Graphic Services.
- Familiar with SignLab vinyl cutting software
- Experience with various materials and knowledge of appropriate adhesives, cleaners, and chemicals compatibility.
- Knowledge and interest cabinetry fabrication methods, finish carpentry, and construction not necessary, but would be a plus.
- Proficiency in using a wide variety of tools and equipment, also a plus.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High-level problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with variety of staff across the organization.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage one’s time.
- Ability to manage one’s time in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- MS Office
- Knowledge of large format printing and associated software e.g., Onyx; including Direct Substrate Printing, Inkjet Printing, Silkscreen, et al.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret drawings, blueprints, and written/verbal instructions, with limited supervision
- Organizes and prioritizes daily jobs.
- Ability to run the Laminator
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate mounting factors such as speed, feed, and material depths.
- Checks machinery daily and performs routine maintenance on machine and equipment to guarantee functionality.
- Selects, aligns, and secures adhesives and materials on machine and checks for functionality and performance.
- Checks in Graphics from vendors. Carefully look for any imperfections (color, scratches, kinks.)
- Monitors productivity and quality.
- Performs first piece inspections and in-process quality control checks.
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Confers with supervision, drafting and interactives departments, shop personnel, or others to resolve any conflicting specification issues.
- Practices good housekeeping and safety procedures and adheres to all company policies.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Must be able to travel and do on-site graphic installations.
- Provides estimates on graphic applications.
- Ability to weed and pre-mask vinyl.
- Ability to work with application and cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lean and reach.
- Carpentry skills a plus
- 8 hour shift
- COVID-19 considerations:
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance