About the Company:
Established in 1961, Kubik Maltbie is a preeminent leader in the production of the world’s most prestigious museums, visitor centers, and specialty environments. We have now expanded our company’s portfolio to include audiovisual design, engineering, and integration services.
The Director of Museum Projects works to maximize the Canadian museum team’s profitability and efficiency through the direct oversight and monitoring of production and administrative departments. You will be responsible to ensure contractual obligations are met along with monitoring and overseeing cost efficiencies, labor resources, implementation and execution of schedules, material acquisition and general oversight of internal resources.
This role requires the ability to work quickly, exercise good judgment, working on creative solutions for problems and act through direct communication with necessary parties to meet deadlines while balancing conflicting stakeholder needs.
- Provide project leadership and strategic direction of the Canadian museum project team
- Collaborate with all necessary other departments to ensure the efficiency and timely delivery of all projects
- Manage client relationships and strategic partners.
- Manage the development of design within the budget whilst design evolves
- Oversight of project finances to ensure budget and targets are maintained
- Ensure project deliverables and milestones are adhered to
- Maintain project documentation to safeguard companies position at all times with client and sub-contractors
- Monitor subcontracting practices and contract negotiations
- 10 years’ experience working within the museum exhibit and/or trade show business (or similar production based operations) with a background in managing interdisciplinary business segments.
- Excel at fostering and developing both internal and external business relationships.
- Able to travel internationally
- Read and understand construction/fabrication blueprints
- Adept at establishing and maintaining positive and cooperative working relationships with those connected in the team and at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detailDon’t meet every single requirement? At kubik we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.Preference will be given to candidates in the Greater Toronto Area but remote work arrangements will be considered if the candidate is Eastern Standard time zone.We love 2 page resumes!
To learn more visit us at:
We are provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please send all inquiries regarding accommodations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted.