About the Company:
kubik maltbie is a world class exhibit fabricator specializing in experience-based, interactive exhibits for museums, visitor centers, and specialty projects around the world. We are seeking an enthusiastic CNC Operator to join our multi-disciplinary team in Mount Laurel, NJ.
The primary function of the CNC Operator is to program, setup, operate, and maintain the 3-Axis Weeke Vantech CNC Machine. The CNC Operator must have a high level of professionalism, a strong organizational background, excellent communication / interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail. This role reports to the Drafting Manager and Shop Foreman.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, and depth.
- Selects, aligns, and secures cutting tools and materials on machine and checks for functionality and performance.
- Monitors productivity and quality of parts produced.
- Performs first piece inspections and in-process quality control checks by using tools such as micrometers, calipers, depth gages, etc.
- Makes edits to existing programs and set ups with minimal assistance.
- Changes tooling and offsets when necessary to assure product meets tolerances and specifications.
- Checks machinery daily and performs routine maintenance on machine and equipment to guarantee functionality.
- Maintains CNC Work Order Log and Tool Database in real time.
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Confers with supervision, drafting and interactives departments, shop personnel, or others to resolve machining or assembly issues.
- Practices good housekeeping and safety procedures and adheres to all company policies.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ability to use CAM software to program CNC machine.
- Ability to pull CNC parts from drawings
- Ability to interpret drawings, blueprints, and written/verbal instructions with limited supervision to setup and operate CNC equipment.
- Ability to verify parts using quality measuring devices.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lean and reach.
- 5+ years experience in CNC programming and operation.
- Experience cutting various materials and knowledge of appropriate cutting tools, feeds, and speeds for best results: Plywood, MDF, Acrylic, HDPE, Delrin, Sintra, Laminates, Corian, etc.
- Knowledge and interest cabinetry fabrication methods, finish carpentry, and construction.
- Proficiency in using a wide variety of tools and equipment.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- High level problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work from and produce assembly sketches and drawings.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with variety of staff across the organization.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage one’s time.
- Ability to manage one’s time in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Familiar with CAD & CAM software: Aspire, AutoCAD, Rhino.
- Familiar with basic computer software: Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
Tolerance of Ambiguity
Planning and organizing skills
Attention to Detail