About the Company:
kubik maltbie is a world class exhibit fabricator specializing in experience-based, interactive exhibits for museums, visitor centers, and specialty projects around the world.
We are looking for an effective Logistics Manager to direct receiving, warehousing and distribution operations. Ensuring productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly. You will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value-adding servicing and dispatch of a wide variety of products.
To ensure success you need to multitask effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and perform your duties in a manner that maximizes efficiency. Top applicants are dedicated, competent and have strong leadership skills.
- Strategically manage receiving, warehousing and distribution and maintenance operations in compliance with company’s policies, procedures and vision
- Supervise warehouse employees and oversee daily operations, plan work roster, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
- Liaise with project team to schedule shipping and pickup needs
- Coordinate transport of product to and from local suppliers
- Make arrangement with transport companies for loading days and various pickups (worldwide)
- Communicate with drivers and project team to ensure efficient delivery of products
- Fleet Management and Maintenance (3 Company Vehicle)
- Inspect all warehouse equipment and order repairs and replacements when required
- Oversee Building Maintenance (shop clean up, replace light bulbs, check emergency lights)
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Control and manage stock inventory
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Stay updated on federal, state, and local legislation and requirements for warehousing, shipping, and material handling, and ensure that our warehouse complies
- Develop and monitor procedures for safety and security of warehouse environment and all goods. (Forklift Training, Platform Lift, Osha, etc)
- Relevant Education/Experience
- 5+ years warehouse management experience.
- Excellent understanding of warehouse management procedures and best practices.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Leadership skills and ability manage staff
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls.
- Ability to operate forklift effectively.
- High physical activity: lifting, bending, stretching & must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid drivers’ license (Clean)
- Medical DOT Certificate
- Proficient computer skills
- Available to work extended hours